Tuesday, November 13, 2012

10 Days til Thanksgiving- Day 1

My kids are constantly asking me to do do crafts.  While I like crafts, I get tired of coming up with ideas.  Thank goodness for Pinterest.  I was able to find some new and fun crafts to do with my boys. 
For the next 10 days I will be sharing the Thankgiving crafts that we do as well as some fun snacks and activities.
 
We started out our morning with this coloring page.  My oldest loved being able to use lots of colors while my youngest just colored the whole thing red and brown.  We then cut them out and glued them to construction paper.  Once they are dry we will hang them on their bedroom doors.
 
Our next project was T for Turkey found here.  I cut out everything ahead of time so all they had to do was glue.  We started by gluing the feathers to the back.  Once it was dry we flipped the "T" over and glued everything else on.  
 My oldest likes to combine a small and big eye when he does crafts.  These will be hung on our pantry door.
 I picked up some Thanksgiving necklaces from Michael's Craft Store so we did those as well.  This was a great opportunity for my little guy to practice stringing beads.
 I think they turned out pretty cute.
For our snack we made a Turkey Sandwich
 It was a fun morning and helped get us in the mood for Thanksgiving.
We will be back tomorrow with Day 2 of our Thanksgiving countdown.


No comments: