Monday, March 7, 2011

Monster Party Centerpiece

While thinking about what type of centerpiece I wanted to make for the birthday party I came across the "monster" words on my Cricut. I chose four words that I liked and cut them out in two different colors and glued them together. I painted some dowel rods black and then made a hole with it in a foam ball. I glued the foam ball into a flower pot to make sure it wouldn't slide around. I glued the monster word to the top of the stick and then stuck it into the hole in the foam ball. I had the centerpieces on my buffet for several days before I decided how to finish it off. I didn't like the look of the foam ball with hot glue all over it.
After trying a few things I decided to use glass gems. I had them from previous projects and I really like the way they turned out.

No comments: