Saturday, February 5, 2011

Freezer Cooking Day- Soups

When I saw that Jessica at Life as Mom was hosting Freezer Cooking Days, I decided to hop on board. I have done a little freezer cooking on my own but have never done it on a routine basis. Since I have a busy weekend ahead I decided just to do a few soups and breads on Friday morning. It was a lot of fun but my house smelled of onions and garlic all day....which isn't the worst thing in the world. :)
I made a double batch of Taco Soup, a double batch of Autumn Soup, a double batch of Tomato Cheddar Soup and a batch of Roasted Garlic Soup. I also made two loaves of French Bread and 2 bags of rolls. Several of the rolls disappeared but I did manage to get some in the freezer.
It took me about 4 hours to cook and clean. I was able to put 18 meals worth of soup plus the breads in the freezer to eat over the next few weeks. It will be so nice to have some easy meals to pull out and heat up.

1 comment:

Claire said...

i like to freeze soups in gallon size ziploc freezer bags. they take up hardly any space because you can lay them flat to freeze and stack them.