Friday, January 23, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cookies Ready To Go

My friend Kelly recently started a blog about being organized. While I feel I am fairly organized, there is always room for improvement. Recently she posted a tip on having frozen cookies ready for spur of the moment events. While I was baking today I decided to try out her recipe. I baked up 15 cookies for snacks and put the rest in the freezer. Once these are frozen I will put them in a baggie and have them on hand for later use. I will admit that I ate a couple hot cookies. Hey I had to let you know how they tasted. Boy, were they good!!
Already baked cookies
Cookies that have been scooped and ready to be frozen
Ingredients: 2 sticks unsalted butter; softened 2 cups brown sugar ½ cup white sugar 2 eggs 3 tsp vanilla 4 cups flour 2 tsp baking soda 1 tsp salt 2 cups chocolate chips (1 bag) 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 2. Mix together butter, brown sugar and white sugar. 3. Add in eggs and vanilla; mix 4. Stir in flour, baking soda, salt and chocolate chips; mix together. 5. Either bake for 8-10 minutes or freeze. You can either freeze in scoops or roll into a log that you can slice up later.

No comments: